THE MAGNIFICAT by Martin Luther (in English) [this translation not PD]

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
CSCO

Post by CSCO » September 30th, 2019, 9:52 am

Hi, all.

I have a link or the like:
http://www.godrules.net/library/luther/NEW1luther_c5.htm

Don't blame me. The Magnificat is much more important than To the Christian Nobility of the German Nation and On the Babylonian Captivity of the Church. Because we are simple men.

Thanks,
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » September 30th, 2019, 1:14 pm

We would not be able to use that text source, as it gives no edition information. (What an awful formatting setup!)

Searching further...

Volumes I and II are available on Gutenberg, but Vol 3-5 are not (and The Magnificat is in Vol 3). HathiTrust lists it as still under copyright, as the copyright was apparently renewed. So this translation doesn't seem to be PD in the USA yet.

CSCO

Post by CSCO » October 1st, 2019, 5:36 am

I'm sorry for my lazy linking. And I thank you for your help. As a baby needs breast milk, I need your help.

As April showers bring May flowers, a spring board could bring in alternative translations.
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!