F.W. Boreham (died 1959)

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I hope no one minds me making my own little to-do list here. I've been running through all of the F.W. Boreham books I can find, but I realize that I'm starting to need a way to keep them straight. I do plan to run these as group projects one at a time, but of course that doesn't stop anyone else from launching one yourself if you see one that you like.

Wikipedia lists the following published works (There are many more, but I only copied through 1928):
I have to say, I've found far more already than I expected to! I thought I had just about exhausted my possibilities! This will give us plenty to do for some time to come, and then perhaps if we're lucky, we'll find that some new scans have been added. I will update this list.
Last edited by mightyfelix on March 14th, 2020, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Can an admin take a look at this source and tell me if it's usable?

https://archive.org/details/georgeaugustusse00boreiala

There no printed year in the scan, but there is a handwritten date (1911) on page 5, along with what looks like a library code or call number. Does that count?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The book certainly looks right for the 1911 date, and it was uploaded by a reputable source. I'd be tempted to accept it, but let us see if someone more expert has a view.

Anne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Anne. Maybe when the current Boreham is closer to finishing, I'll put this one in the launch pad and see what happens.

(EDIT: Also found it Full View at HathiTrust: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc2.ark:/13960/t52f7mr7m&view=1up&seq=9 That should work for sure, am I right?)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll be launching The Other Side of the Hill at the beginning of April, or when The Golden Milestone catalogues, whichever comes first!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The Silver Shadow is launched! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89239
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Time for a new Boreham!

A Reel of Rainbow is here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=94730
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Posting here quickly to say that I'm still traveling, but I've got Boreham on my mind, and I think I'd like to start another one of these collections when I get home as a group reading. I'm seeing four or five possibilities from this list. Let me know if you have a preference!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

With The Home of the Echoes just finished, and lots of things going on in my life right now, I'm going to be backing away from BCing for the next little while, at least until I can get my current solo finished. If anyone is interested in keeping Boreham in production in the meanwhile, please feel free. I'll happily MC for you. It's quite likely that there are now some sources available that weren't out there the last time I updated this list, so if you find any, please let me know, and I'll add them.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: December 29th, 2023, 4:16 pm With The Home of the Echoes just finished, and lots of things going on in my life right now, I'm going to be backing away from BCing for the next little while, at least until I can get my current solo finished. If anyone is interested in keeping Boreham in production in the meanwhile, please feel free. I'll happily MC for you. It's quite likely that there are now some sources available that weren't out there the last time I updated this list, so if you find any, please let me know, and I'll add them.
Ah, busy times!

I would be interested in BCing The Crystal Pointers which is available on Archive. I can probably set this up over the weekend.
Let me know what you think.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sounds great! Go right ahead. I will be happy to MC.