{SOLO} Thy Will Be Done by Andrew Murray-iq

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
robinsnyder

Post by robinsnyder » June 14th, 2019, 3:55 am

Thy Will Be Done by Andrew Murray (1828 - 1917).

Thy will be done; the blessedness of a life in the will of God; meditations for a month - How a Christian may turn his or her will over to the will of God. ( Robin Snyder)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/thywillbedoneble00murr/page/n7
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

[MW]xxxx[/MW]
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: wKY09UPO
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Andrew Murray) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Murray_(minister)
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): None Available
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 30
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    • Original publication date (if known): 1900
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Robin Snyder Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction; *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other

Keywords that describe the book: God, christian, holy, gods will

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Thy Will Be Done . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Thy Will Be Done , by Andrew Murray. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Thy Will Be Done by Andrew Murray. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Thy Will Be Done , by Andrew Murray. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename thywillbedone_##_murray_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. thywillbedone_01_murray_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Andrew Murray
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Thy Will Be Done

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: yy - yyyyy
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by robinsnyder on June 14th, 2019, 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 14th, 2019, 10:11 am

This will likely be a better text from which to read. Its copyright date is clearly 1900 here.

https://archive.org/details/thywillbedoneble00murr/page/n7
Minimal availability until Monday night or Tuesday. My apologies.

robinsnyder

Post by robinsnyder » June 14th, 2019, 10:14 am

Thanks so very much Kevin! I'll make the changes - greatly appreciated!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » June 14th, 2019, 10:31 am

It's also very important to complete your one-minute test before you begin recording. Basically a sound and tech check. You wouldn't want to have to scrap a completed recording because it has the wrong settings!

In addition, it's strongly recommended that you contribute at least a little bit to one or another group project before embarking on your solo to get acquainted with our work flow, and with the process of recording and editing. You'll be in charge of keeping your own project up to date when you're doing a solo, and it's a pretty steep learning curve if you jump in here. There are some good books being done right now that you might enjoy if you like Andrew Murray, including a couple in my signature line below. I'd also recommend Love Slaves by Samuel Brengle, The Juvenile Bible, or maybe even a biography of G.K. Chesterton.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 14th, 2019, 10:32 am

robinsnyder wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 10:14 am
Thanks so very much Kevin! I'll make the changes - greatly appreciated!
Are you planning on doing the reading? If so, you'll need to complete the one-minute test. If not, I don't think this project will go forward until a reader volunteers. (What do I know! Hahah!)

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 14th, 2019, 10:33 am

mightyfelix wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 10:31 am
It's also very important to complete your one-minute test before you begin recording. Basically a sound and tech check. You wouldn't want to have to scrap a completed recording because it has the wrong settings!

In addition, it's strongly recommended that you contribute at least a little bit to one or another group project before embarking on your solo to get acquainted with our work flow, and with the process of recording and editing. You'll be in charge of keeping your own project up to date when you're doing a solo, and it's a pretty steep learning curve if you jump in here. There are some good books being done right now that you might enjoy if you like Andrew Murray, including a couple in my signature line below. I'd also recommend Love Slaves by Samuel Brengle, The Juvenile Bible, or maybe even a biography of G.K. Chesterton.
All good, sound advice.

(Pun unintended. Really!)

robinsnyder

Post by robinsnyder » June 14th, 2019, 10:39 am

Thanks all - already aware of one minute test -but thanks - just posted this book - will perform test before reading - and will start within a few days

robinsnyder

Post by robinsnyder » June 14th, 2019, 12:02 pm

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 14th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Hi again. Your one-minute test recording should be posted here: viewforum.php?f=21

Someone will see it there and comment within a day or two.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 14th, 2019, 12:08 pm

KevinS wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:06 pm
Hi again. Your one-minute test recording should be posted here: viewforum.php?f=21

Someone will see it there and comment within a day or two.
Oh, I see you already posted there, too. Great!

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » June 14th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Hi Robin,

I see you have already gotten the same advice that I PM'ed to you. Great! I will keep an eye on things, and if you have gotten the OK on your test and recorded a section or two for another project, I will MC your project. There will be a few more things that you will have to do, but that will happen once I set up your project. Before I do set it up, I would like to see you get these things done.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

silverquill

Post by silverquill » June 14th, 2019, 10:47 pm

And, if you need a DPL, I'd be glad to join you.
Just finishing a couple of solos, so have a spot free -- especially for Andrew Murray!

robinsnyder

Post by robinsnyder » June 15th, 2019, 5:22 am

Thanks so much all of you! I will get busy and record a few small spots (approval of test 1st) and yes, I can also use a DPL - thanks so much! And I hope to record some more Andrew Murray in the future when this one is finished. Blessings, Robin

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » June 15th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Thanks Larry! As soon as I put the MW together, I will put you in as DPL!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » June 26th, 2019, 8:57 pm

Moving this project over to Book Suggestions, just to keep the Launch Pad neat and tidy!
Ann