Book Wishlist

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

dronald wrote: November 12th, 2020, 5:35 am That's a wonderful idea and I would love to work on that with you. I think we would have to identify some of his shorter works given that he has quite a few works that are quite long. Maybe we should compile a list? It's great that you've also had Tertullian in mind.

I do want to get started on his apology though and I'm going to set it up today and work on the preface.
The advantage of a collection is that you can add as many or as few works as you like (though 10-20) seems to be the range and you don't have to prearrange what they are. So one could record and then if it is longer than 70 minutes, it could be its own project. Are you happy for me to launch something?
dronald

Post by dronald »

InTheDesert wrote: November 12th, 2020, 5:46 am
dronald wrote: November 12th, 2020, 5:35 am That's a wonderful idea and I would love to work on that with you. I think we would have to identify some of his shorter works given that he has quite a few works that are quite long. Maybe we should compile a list? It's great that you've also had Tertullian in mind.

I do want to get started on his apology though and I'm going to set it up today and work on the preface.
The advantage of a collection is that you can add as many or as few works as you like (though 10-20) seems to be the range and you don't have to prearrange what they are. So one could record and then if it is longer than 70 minutes, it could be its own project. Are you happy for me to launch something?
Ah I see. Okay go for it and we'll get started!

Also, does this mean I should probably still do his apology as a solo work or is it short enough to fit into a collection? I imagine it should probably be its own thing eh?
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

dronald wrote: November 12th, 2020, 5:51 am
Ah I see. Okay go for it and we'll get started!

Also, does this mean I should probably still do his apology as a solo work or is it short enough to fit into a collection? I imagine it should probably be its own thing eh?
Yeah, I wouldn't be under 74. It's 34,000 words by my count.