A. Escoffier - A Guide to Modern Cookery Part 2

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
lcst116

Post by lcst116 » January 27th, 2019, 8:23 pm

Hello all,

Let me start off by saying how much I adore LibriVox and everyone within its community. As a librarian, it warms my heart to see so many dedicated individuals working together to breath new life into old literature by giving it a voice all of its own. With that being said, on top of my profession stated above, I am also an avid student of the culinary arts. I would love to see a continuation of the audiobook already produced by LibriVox for Auguste Escoffier's masterwork "A Guide to Modern Cookery." Part 1 of the aforementioned has been completed and available for listen on LibriVox's website, but sadly it only consists of Part 1 of Escoffier's book. I would love to see Part 2 be completed and made available to the public.

PS - while on the topic of Escoffier, I also believe his work "Ma Cuisine" would make an excellent candidate to become an audiobook as well. I do not believe any copies of the English version can be found digitally, but I do own a personal copy of my own that I would be more than happy to scan and make available.

Thanks everyone! :D

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » January 28th, 2019, 10:04 am

Hi and welcome to librivox!

Thank you for your suggestion :thumbs: i was wondering why the second part hadnt been coordinated yet but then i saw that the text of part 2 is over 700 pages long! Not impossibly long by any means, but it demands some dedication. I am sure someone will pick this up eventually. I might start the project myself when my current cookery book (Ice cream this time) is complete :) Thank you for posting about it!
Carolin

Please help us record The History of Pendennis, a lesser-known but no less fabulous novel of Thackeray's!