1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
von

Post by von »

Has anyone yet done the 1689 confession? I can't find it, which might say more for my lack of skill in searching than it's lack. We might be able to use a lot from the WCF, I think they are almost the same in many parts.
Please use PM for contacting me even when I have just posted something in the forum. I don't read forum posts, generally. Thx.

Alleluia! the salvation, and the glory, and the honour, and the power, is to the Lord our God
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

WCF = Westminster Confession of Faith? Looks like it's a stalled solo HERE.

I did a search on "Confession" and didn't find the 1689 London Baptist Confession.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
von

Post by von »

TriciaG wrote:WCF = Westminster Confession of Faith? Looks like it's a stalled solo HERE.

I did a search on "Confession" and didn't find the 1689 London Baptist Confession.
Oh. How does one un-stall it?

We are doing Calvins confessions, so this would go well with it.
Please use PM for contacting me even when I have just posted something in the forum. I don't read forum posts, generally. Thx.

Alleluia! the salvation, and the glory, and the honour, and the power, is to the Lord our God
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hmmm. I suppose one could PM the MC to see if it's going to be orphaned soon. He/she would need to PM the reader to see if they're still around and wanting to read it.

However, even if there is a solo project, that doesn't prevent someone from starting another solo or a group project of the same material. "Choice of voice" and all that. :mrgreen:

I'll MC the project, but I don't want to BC it. Institutes and Antiquities of the Jews are enough for me, thanks!

Edit to add: FYI, the Wikipedia article for this has several links to different versions. Sticking this in here for future reference.
von

Post by von »

TriciaG wrote:Hmmm. I suppose one could PM the MC to see if it's going to be orphaned soon. He/she would need to PM the reader to see if they're still around and wanting to read it.

However, even if there is a solo project, that doesn't prevent someone from starting another solo or a group project of the same material. "Choice of voice" and all that. :mrgreen:

I'll MC the project, but I don't want to BC it. Institutes and Antiquities of the Jews are enough for me, thanks!

Edit to add: FYI, the Wikipedia article for this has several links to different versions. Sticking this in here for future reference.
BC, MC... huh :)

Well, I guess if I was going to do it, I woudl go for the 1689 confession, and let the Westminster fall where it may :)

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

There ya go!

(MC is meta-coordinator. They're the person whose folder you upload to on a project, the person that will do all the background techie work to get the project in the catalog once it's all recorded. And on a solo project, they're the one who contacts the soloist to see if they're still around, and if not, they "abandon" the solo project, which then would allow others to pick it up. BC is book coordinator. They're the ones who coordinate readers on a group project - sets up the project, keeps the magic window updated, etc.)
von

Post by von »

TriciaG wrote:There ya go!

(MC is meta-coordinator. They're the person whose folder you upload to on a project, the person that will do all the background techie work to get the project in the catalog once it's all recorded. And on a solo project, they're the one who contacts the soloist to see if they're still around, and if not, they "abandon" the solo project, which then would allow others to pick it up. BC is book coordinator. They're the ones who coordinate readers on a group project - sets up the project, keeps the magic window updated, etc.)
So does a solo project need a BC?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The soloist is the BC on a solo project - he or she is in charge of keeping the window up to date. :)
von

Post by von »

TriciaG wrote:The soloist is the BC on a solo project - he or she is in charge of keeping the window up to date. :)
Which implies that he knows how to do it :(

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Here are instructions for using the Magic Window: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dt724vw_3gtjj3b

Which, of course, you won't really get to play with until you become a BC or soloist and have access to one of the MW's.

It's not that hard - you just have to get the hang of it. And if you want to solo this project, I can answer any questions you have about working with it.
von

Post by von »

TriciaG wrote:Here are instructions for using the Magic Window: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dt724vw_3gtjj3b

Which, of course, you won't really get to play with until you become a BC or soloist and have access to one of the MW's.

It's not that hard - you just have to get the hang of it. And if you want to solo this project, I can answer any questions you have about working with it.
I can't find a copy on Gutenburg, can I do a web version?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, you may do a version from another source, as long as it's still Public Domain.

There were a couple links on the Wikipedia page to different versions - see my... I think it was the first post of mine in this thread... for the Wikipedia link.
JulieJ

Post by JulieJ »

http://www.ccel.org/creeds/bcf/bcf.htm

I saw the Institutes were being read from this website. There is the 1677 and 1689 London Confession.
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

>There is the 1677 and 1689 London Confession.

As this is a pre-18th century English work, a rhotic American or West Country accent would be quite appropriate, as English was rhotic back in those days. Actually, Shakespeare is also most accurately read with a rhotic accent, not an RP accent... ;D
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Nicholas19 wrote:>There is the 1677 and 1689 London Confession.

As this is a pre-18th century English work, a rhotic American or West Country accent would be quite appropriate, as English was rhotic back in those days. Actually, Shakespeare is also most accurately read with a rhotic accent, not an RP accent... ;D
Or whatever accent a reader who wants to read it happens to have. LOL!