The rescue syndicate by Jenks, Tudor

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

https://archive.org/details/princedragons00jenk
The prince and the dragons Recorded in Children's Short Works collection
by Jenks, Tudor, 1857-1922; Neill, John R. (John Rea); Oliver Wendell Holmes Collection (Library of Congress) DLC

cute little fairy story for a stolen moment. only five chapters so one of you fairy tale fans could record it next weekend :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

oh, and this little one is for the weekend after that

https://archive.org/details/rescuesyndicate00jenk
The rescue syndicate
by Jenks, Tudor, 1857-1922
Carolin
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I have to start somewhere. I will read The Prince and the Dragons by Tudor Jenks. I expect it will be amateurish and somewhat rushed but am too excited to wait longer. As this is my first audiobook, I do not know how this process works. Where do I submit a " rough draft"?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi and welcome to librivox!

Great that you want to get started! The first step is to submit your one minute test. This is not an audition but rather a way for us to make sure tgst all your technical settings are in order. Once you have this out of the way, pick a group project to get your feet wet. You will have all the support you need from the community this way.

Once you have a few sections under your belt, you can get started on a solo :)

Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions :thumbs:
Carolin
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Thank you, I will be patient. I will upload my 1 minute test today. I already downloaded the checker and it passed. Waiting for kids ( noise floor) to leave , to record the actual test script. :clap:( although I have already read this book, recorded half of it and edited half of that :cry:
)
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I would like to solo this project as my first work. I am not sure that a group project is right for me. This is a short fairy tale and I have 2 of 5 chapters ready to submit for approval. They have passed the " checker" test. If they are unacceptable, I will go and read a " part" or "poem" for community support.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya, we generally discourage readers from starting a solo right away, excepting maybe experienced semi-professional narrators. Librivox has its processes and it helps having done a couple of sections for a group project before trying to be your own coordinator. If you prefer not to read a random chapter in a book, you can also read a short story or a few poems :)
Carolin
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I am an experienced professional telephone voice for over 10 years, trying to cross train for voice over and/or audiobooks. I am practicing recording and editing before I launch my professional career. I am sorry, I was under the understanding that I could come here, choose a book and volunteer to read it, and I have. Now I am getting discouraged that the hoops I have jumped through are still not enough. To me... this IS a short story. Thank you for your consideration.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya, i understand that it can feel like a lot of extra work, but all of our processes have been developed and proven itself over time. The thing is just that we prefer to get people to read in group projects to learn the process before coordinating for themselves.

If you insist on jumping into the water without first getting your feet wet, head right over to the launch pad :)
Carolin
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

MajorToast - I think that some communication wires are getting crossed. I saw that you started this as a project in the Launch Pad, then were told it would fit in the children's short works collection. Are you still having issues submitting it?

Here's the short works project thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=72022 All the info you need to submit it is in the first post.

Make it all one audio file (one Librivox intro at the beginning, one "end of" at the end, using the wording described in the short works project), then name the file as directed in the short works project and upload it. Basically, follow steps 1-4 in the thread. 8-)

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to be your point of contact until you feel comfortable here.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart