The Golden Bough by James Frazer, 12 volume set

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
niobium

Post by niobium » September 2nd, 2018, 9:40 pm

I noticed the golden bough abridged edition has already been published through here, but has anyone else considered going over the 12 volume version excluding the bibliography? I was thinking someone get a group together for maybe 1 volume each unless there is someone who thinks they can handle the work over 2 or 3 years. I suppose one audiobook per volume published separately would be reasonable, but it would be much easier to get others to help instead of having a dead end in the archive

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » September 2nd, 2018, 10:14 pm

You wouldn't need to "get a group". My experience with multi volume works is that a BC sets up volume 1 , various people claim and read it then when it at least is fully subscribed volume 2 is set up. There will be people who enjoyed reading vol 1 and /or would like to see the rest in the catalogue will claim some/most of it , etc.
So the "group" will form without commitment and in the end it will all be catalogued,

Anne

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » September 2nd, 2018, 10:23 pm

Can you provide a link to an online text? That will make it easier for prospective BCs to take a look and see if it's something they'd like to take on. Of course, I could go search for one myself, but you haven't yet convinced me that it's worth my while. :wink: