H G Wells in an English voice for once.

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington » June 28th, 2018, 7:32 am

Having just read that H G Wells has now moved into the public domain, here in the UK. I would like to suggest my recording some of his novels and short stories, for Librivox. I recently completed my first full book for Librivox: Aleriel, or a Voyage to other Worlds, a Tale by Wladislaw Lach Szyrma..it is a novel that might have in fact influenced Wells visionary work.

I have recorded hundreds of full audiobooks professionally, but, since a couple of bad strokes in 2016, have been unable to work. I am now nearly 64, one year away from retirement, but to be honest, for the last two years I have felt as if retirement has been thrust upon me!

If anyone wants to set up a selection of Wells works to be recorded by an English voice. Please let me know.

I can not promise a speedy completion of any suggested work, as I have to work fairly slowly, so no unreasonable deadlines, please. I do get there in the end!

Thank you

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » June 28th, 2018, 8:14 am

If you want them to be in a British voice, a group project won't suit because anyone can record in group projects. Your best bet would be to do the works as solos.

Bonus: in a solo you can work at your own pace, although you should post in the thread about once a month to let the MC know you haven't disappeared or abandoned the project. :)

adonis

Post by adonis » June 28th, 2018, 9:01 am

This doesn't seem to have been done yet as a Solo - The Country of the Blind and Other Stories. Includes The Red Room and The Door in the Wall.

www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11870

All the Big Ones have been done two or three times but that doesn't mean you can't do another - choice of voice as they say here on Librivox.

Good luck.
Tony A.

Ps. You work fast.