Maria Thompson Daviess: works not yet recorded...

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

the author of The Heart’s Kingdom and The Melting of Molly (already in catalog)...

The Tinder-Box Feminism takes a new twist as friends race to be the first ones to propose marriage to their chosen man.

Over Paradise Ridge Love triangle striving for friendship and purpose post WWI. Young love, farming, & Belgian refugees...

The Golden Bird City girl gone back to her country roots, raising chickens, shaking suitors, “Adam meets Eve”

The Road to Providence Young doctor sets out to cure famous singer who has lost her voice.

Rose of Old Harpeth Young lady cares for her aging relatives, but who will save the family farm from being foreclosed?

Blue-grass and Broadway Producer must make his next play a success after falling for a novice playwright from Kentucky.

Miss Selina Lue and the Soap-box Babies Sweet older lady in small town who runs a grocery, enriching the lives of her neighbors & helping them with all their problems.

The Elected Mother, A Story of Woman's Equal Rights Fictional take on woman’s suffrage.

The Matrix Well researched fictionalized account of the mother and father of Abraham Lincoln. Their love story as a setting or “matrix” for the environment in which Abe was raised. (Abe being the pearl?)

Sue Jane Girls in a boarding school. Need I say more? ;)

Out of a Clear Sky filmed in 1918 as a silent film, Can this Belgian princess make it in the wilds of Tennessee to escape her evil uncle? Sure, with the help of her rescuer...

Most of these involve romance, take place in part in the fictional Harpeth Valley in Tennessee about 100 or so years ago. Interesting characters & dialogue, some local accents :) and much historical information. And yes I’ve read them all. Just couldn’t stop!
Last edited by LikeManyWaters on October 15th, 2019, 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
April
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

I am looking for an online text for this book by Maria Thompson Daviess

“The Treasure Babies” published in 1911

If anyone happens across it, could you post me a link? :)
It’s the only book by her I haven’t been able to find a copy of... Thanks!
Last edited by LikeManyWaters on August 15th, 2018, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
April
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Something else I didn’t know...

The Melting of Molly that we have in the catalog is the British magazine version.

There is a longer American novel version too which is supposed to be a little different:
The Melting of Molly (American novel)

Wow, I guess Significantly Different is right. I always thought it odd that one of her stories were set in England. (The American version is set in America)
April