War and Women

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

War and Women, From Experience in the Balkans and Elsewhere
By Mrs. St. Clair Stobart
https://archive.org/details/warwomenfromexpe00stobrich

I've just launched "The Future of the Women's Movement," recently suggested here, and at the end of the book is included an advertisement for a book with similar subject matter from the same year (1913). Here is what the advertisement reads:
"The sending of a Women’s Convoy Corps to the Balkans was the result of Mrs. Stobart’s keen desire to demonstrate the ability of women to render signal service under war conditions and without the direction and assistance of men. This record of their achievements, therefore, provides a strong vindication of the claims of women to inclusion in the Territorial Defence Scheme."

It sounds very cool! There are 26 chapters and 239 pages.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Yes this sounds quite cool as you say and I would be interested in taking it on as a solo. If no one else is interested I'll go to the Launch Pad with it. I can begin in about 3 weeks after I complete my present project. :)
Thanks!
Celine
Celine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MamaGeek wrote: January 29th, 2018, 7:16 pm Yes this sounds quite cool as you say and I would be interested in taking it on as a solo. If no one else is interested I'll go to the Launch Pad with it. I can begin in about 3 weeks after I complete my present project. :)
Thanks!
Celine
Your welcome to it, as far as I'm concerned! I'd enjoy being your DPL, if you don't already have somebody in mind.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Wonderful and yes I would love to have you as my DPL. Thank you for offering. ☺
I'll post on the launch pad this pm.
Celine