Yezad: A Romance of the Unknown

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

This book sounded absolutely bonkers, so of course I had to share it with everyone. :-)

https://archive.org/details/yezadaromanceun00cogoog
A pilot named Bacon flies too high and is dashed to Earth by Azrael only to find that in something like his astral body and accompanied by his dark Doppelganger he has begun a Fantastic Voyage to nearby Stars where Reincarnation is routine. A Martian mentor demonstrates to Bacon the Utopia that Mars has become. He also describes an earlier drama in which a group of Martians fearing that their planet was becoming unlivable migrate Earth losing their records en route and their culture once landed. Their role as Forerunners to Homo sapiens can now be now revealed. But being a forerunner does not entail Evolution which Babcock specifically contemned. (less)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Sounds a lot like the "bad sci-fi" of The Social War of 1900 - but more sci-fi-ish. :lol:

Where did the summary come from? It's probably not PD, so it can't be used on the catalog page?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TriciaG wrote: January 19th, 2018, 7:08 pm Sounds a lot like the "bad sci-fi" of The Social War of 1900 - but more sci-fi-ish. :lol:

Where did the summary come from? It's probably not PD, so it can't be used on the catalog page?
HAHAHA. I don't think anything could reach the ridiculous lows of Social War of 1900.

And the summary comes from a user on Goodreads. If someone wanted to launch this, they'd have to write something else.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The first 2 pages are cliche after cliche elcosed in cliches :roll:
Is there a prize for guessing what the first lot of Martians became ? Several answers come to mind
One thing that always puzzles me about reincarnation, does that mean there has always been a fixed number of living things, so that if there are now more people then it's unavoidable that the non human living things decrease (which of course is happening daily)

Anne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

annise wrote: January 19th, 2018, 7:53 pm One thing that always puzzles me about reincarnation, does that mean there has always been a fixed number of living things, so that if there are now more people then it's unavoidable that the non human living things decrease (which of course is happening daily)
:shock: I've never considered that! :shock:
Ahseeyah

Post by Ahseeyah »

annise wrote: January 19th, 2018, 7:53 pm
One thing that always puzzles me about reincarnation, does that mean there has always been a fixed number of living things, so that if there are now more people then it's unavoidable that the non human living things decrease (which of course is happening daily)

Anne
What a lovely train of thought!

While the number of living things may always be in flux, that doesn't mean the life force is as well. Maybe energy is just in a constant state of transition and rather than moving in a straight line (like a tree becomes a rock becomes a puppy) maybe the energy disperses and mixes into the great sea of energy before parts of it congeal into something new.

Food for thought 😌
_let love_