Kir Ianulea by Ion Luca Caragiale

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
AnaLuca

Post by AnaLuca »

Hello,

I would like to record "Kir Ianulea" by Ion Luca Caragiale.

This is a Romanian classic, first published in 1907, so there shouldn't be any copy rights issues.

The text is actually available on wikipedia. Here it is:
https://ro.wikisource.org/wiki/Kir_Ianulea

Also, it is a short story, around 30 pages, thus although I've never recorded before, I should be able to do it.

Let me know if I can start recording this nuvella for Librivox.

Thank you very much.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The problem with Wikisource is that it says this at the bottom (per Google Translate):
This text is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution / Share-Alike License; there may be additional clauses. See the Terms of Service details.
We do not "share-alike" (by using the same Creative Commons license; we release our recordings into the public domain). So we're violating the license on Wikisource when we use their texts.

If we could find another source, such as a scan of the physical book, that would work better.

(When I was looking for one, I found a recording of this story on Archive.org: https://archive.org/details/KirIanuleaDeIonLucaCaragiale in case you wanted to listen to another person reading it.) :)

The other recording is about 43 minutes. If you can find a usable text, you could record it for the Multilingual Short Works Collection: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=68007
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
AnaLuca

Post by AnaLuca »

To get the book itself wouldn't have been a problem.
However, if a recording of it already exists on the internet, I must find something else.

It's too bad, I really loved this story.

Thank you very much.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

AnaLuca wrote: January 8th, 2018, 9:39 am However, if a recording of it already exists on the internet, I must find something else.
Actually, no, you don't have to. You could do a second version, as LibriVox loves "the choice of voice". If you love the story, read it :)
I think from the popular German texts are sometimes three to four versions on LibriVox :lol:

edit I just listened to the first seconds of the recording on archive.org You know, there might be people appreciating very much a version without music, just plain reading, as it is handled at LibriVox ;) And the reader on archive is a man. Nothing against it, but it is maybe nice to have a woman's voice reading the story, too.
AnaLuca

Post by AnaLuca »

You are really, really nice.

But you see, unlike it is the case with German, from what I know, there aren't many public recordings of Romanian writings on the internet. Not even for the most relevant works.

If, incidentally, for this novella there is a recording, I will find something else. It is not a problem.

In fact, I already did.