Joe's Place: A Life Story" by John Rosslyn

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Valr

Post by Valr » August 18th, 2017, 4:05 am

code GaWNnIuj
This was published by my great-grandfather in 1902, it's a story in verse about the evils of drink and the bonds of family

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » August 18th, 2017, 4:50 am

Hi
There is a number of things you need to do before you can start reading this.
I'd suggest that firstly you need to show us that this book can be used by us - we need to know a bit about the publish part, we need to know what text you are planning to read - is it a 1902 edition, does it have a clear publishing date on it's front page . We have to conform to all the legalities and if the text is not available on the net then you'll need to provide some proof.
It's not impossible , it has been done but we need information

There are a few other things , like the template's missing , and you will need to have done a 1 minute test to tweak your recording set up, but all that can be fixed . Let's find out some more about grandpa's book :D

Anne

EDIT later
Ok I've gone hunting and found the book on Archive and it is 1902 :D :D so that's solved . The last reader who did something similar had to scan the texts and upload them. It looks interesting .

so you will need to do this http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test - we can only use correct format files , and it's much easier to straighten things out on a 1 minute reading than to keep redoing the first chapter

And you will need to redo the template - andcopy and paste it in the first post - unless you have a copy on your computer in which case just copy and paste it.

Anne

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » August 27th, 2017, 11:01 am

Moving this to Book Suggestions for now.

Once you get your 1-minute test approved, please redo the template and post the ENTIRE code in a post. :) Holler if you have further questions!
Fiction, open sections mostly adventure in Australia: It Is Never too Late to Mend
Irish Home Rule Arguments: Handbook on Home Rule
Sci-Fi removing memories: Dr. Heidenhoff's Process