Buddha's crystal and other fairy stories by YT Ozaki

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

https://archive.org/details/buddhascrystalot00ozak
Buddha's crystal and other fairy stories
by Ozaki, Yei Theodora; Iwaya, Sazanami, 1870-1933

this is a very small volume, only 120 pages, of cute japanese fairy tales. this might be interesting for someone to take on as a solo :)
Carolin
Mark8018

Post by Mark8018 »

Dear Carolin,

I would be interested in reading The Buddha's Crystal. My first time recording and I love what I have read so far.
I hope that I can do it justice and reminds me a little of Oscar Wilde's The Fisherman and his Soul. If that were
also possible to record - I would love to do it.

All the best, Mark.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi mark, thats great!

i see you have completed your test recording which is the most important hurdle :thumbs: i think buddha's crystal is a great choice for a first solo recording. before getting started with it, we do recommend that you get started in a group project. our librivox project all work according to the same pattern, and it will be easiest for you to get familiar with that pattern by first helping out with a group project. you can just read a section or two, and you will have learnt the ropes in a week, so dont worry about waiting just a moment with setting up your first solo project :)

you can find all our group projects over in the listeners wanted sections of the forum. pick one or two short chapters, poems, or roles in a play. once you feel confident that you can take on a solo project, head over to the launch pad and read the instructions there!

let us know if you need any help!
Carolin
Mark8018

Post by Mark8018 »

Thankyou, shall go and have a look now. Yours, Mark