Claire by Leslie Burton Blades

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

"THE BLIND LOVE OF A BLIND HERO
BY A BLIND AUTHOR..."
"On the editorial page of last week's All-Story Weekly we announced a new serial by a new author. "Claire" is a story of such subtle insight, of so compassionate
an understanding of human nature, and of so honest an attack on the eternal problem of love and living, that it can well afford to take its chances on
its own merits. But Lawrence Gordon, the blind hero of the triangle tragedy, which runs its inevitable course in the mountain cabin of Philip Ortez, takes
on a new interest, when we learn that his creator is himself a blind man."
I think, at least from the begining, that this book explores the realitty of blindness. There for, it's important to me that this book will have a recording (at least for blind people). It sounds very good. It has only 21 chapters. I think you might enjoy it. Would you like to take this book? Here is a link to the etext:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30261
Note: I don't know when the offer died. But he was an american, so the rule of the shorter turm applys.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Oh, Stav, this looks really interesting! I'm glad you found it--you're right, this is an important work to have available in audio form. I'm trying to get a few things finished before starting anything new, but I may pick this up if no one else does first.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Oh, Leda

, thank you! If you say you'd pick this up, I'm sure you'd do it justess. Looking forward to this one.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.