Honey-Sweet, by Edna Turpin

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
LitWit

Post by LitWit »

I really like this book-it's sweet enough to make you smile, without overdoing it. It's about a little girl searching for a home accompanied by her doll, the title character. It reminds me somewhat of A Little Princess, in the bond the little girl forms with her doll. A very enjoyable chidren's book.

Here's a link to the book's Gutenberg page: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/17892

[/i]
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Oh, this sounds like a wonderful book! However, the author died in 1952, so we'll have to see if the rule of the shorter turm works in this case. Anyway, it's ok to record for Librivox, as it is not copyrighted in the USA. Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello,
I am curious as to whether or not this story has been read by someone yet. I did look in the database for it and found nothing; for the title or the author :hmm: Any information would be appreciated.
Currently I am in the midst of a solo project though when I am finished with it, hopefully by the end of November this year, I would like to take on another solo project and this one piques my interest.
Thank you,
April
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I don't see anything in the catalog either. You are more than welcome to record this book, even if there was another recording of it. We like to give our listeners a choice of voice.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you Ann! It is still a few weeks away though I must admit that I always prefer to know just what is next. :thumbs:
I will check again to ensure no one is working on recording...
April