Charlotte Mason...

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Lilymarie wrote:So, are we able to record them? I would love to help do them if we can! I am a 7 year homeschooler. :)
The ones on the Ambleside list posted in the link above your post - yes. Ones posted on Ambleside's website, no, because they copyright their work making them e-texts. :(
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Lilymarie

Post by Lilymarie »

Okay, thank you!
-Lily Marie
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.
Psalm 118:1 :)
MommyBugg

Post by MommyBugg »

I have been enjoying the Home Education book that was available here, and I am wondering if there is a possibility of the other volumes being done as well?
I know quite a few folks who would love to see these as audio books.
And I would be happy to read and assist with them :-)
DKimbrell

Post by DKimbrell »

Can we revive this post?
I am very interested in having CMs volumes put on Librivox, and would be very willing to help record several chapters.
There is a much more recent thread with links to verification of publication of original texts so the copyrights should be in the clear for us to proceed.
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

I’m also interested in helping with the next volume. I can’t coordinate but I would record several chapters.

Here’s the link to the Vol. 2 text: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uva.x000598782;view=1up;seq=7;skin=mobile
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
ej400

Post by ej400 »

AbbyJay wrote: August 4th, 2019, 2:56 pm I’m also interested in helping with the next volume. I can’t coordinate but I would record several chapters.

Here’s the link to the Vol. 2 text: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uva.x000598782;view=1up;seq=7;skin=mobile
DKimbrell wrote: August 4th, 2019, 5:23 am Can we revive this post?
I am very interested in having CMs volumes put on Librivox, and would be very willing to help record several chapters.
There is a much more recent thread with links to verification of publication of original texts so the copyrights should be in the clear for us to proceed.
I believe we can. I could probably BC if needed... but unless someone else want's to, they can go ahead
DKimbrell

Post by DKimbrell »

AbbyJay wrote: August 4th, 2019, 2:56 pm I’m also interested in helping with the next volume. I can’t coordinate but I would record several chapters.

I think it was your thread that was referring to. I know nothing of coordinating, but am ready to read.
DKimbrell

Post by DKimbrell »

ej400 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 1:28 pm

DKimbrell wrote: August 4th, 2019, 5:23 am Can we revive this post?
I believe we can. I could probably BC if needed... but unless someone else want's to, they can go ahead
I’m brand new to the forum. What does BC mean?
What are the steps to making this happen?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

DKimbrell wrote: August 5th, 2019, 2:49 pm I’m brand new to the forum. What does BC mean?
What are the steps to making this happen?
The BC is the book coordinator. They are the ones who put in claims and set the project up. To start a project, you'd go to the project template generator, https://librivox.org/add_project where you would fill out the details, and then copy and paste the results as a new post in the new projects launch pad. Here's a guide to BCing: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_To_Become_A_Book_Coordinator

If you want to start the project yourself, I'd be happy to get you started :D <smile>
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Better not to have a brand new LibriVoxer become a BC right away, especially of a large project like this one.
We like to see some familiarity with LibriVox systems before becoming a book coordinator. This way you'll have a better idea about the process, what the volunteers need to know, and what needs to be done. Most people gain this familiarity by recording some chapters, or a solo project, some do a lot of proof-listening or help out in other ways. - If you post a new collaborative project and we see that you only have a couple of forum posts 'under your belt' we are likely going to suggest to hold your project until you know more about LibriVox.

Please remember, though, that coordinating a project is in most cases quite a time commitment. A medium-sized novel takes 6-12 months for a group to complete, and the BC is expected to stick with the project day by day. If you are doubtful that you can make this kind of commitment, we'd prefer that you help out in other ways on LibriVox.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ej400

Post by ej400 »

TriciaG wrote: August 5th, 2019, 3:48 pm Better not to have a brand new LibriVoxer become a BC right away, especially of a large project like this one.
We like to see some familiarity with LibriVox systems before becoming a book coordinator. This way you'll have a better idea about the process, what the volunteers need to know, and what needs to be done. Most people gain this familiarity by recording some chapters, or a solo project, some do a lot of proof-listening or help out in other ways. - If you post a new collaborative project and we see that you only have a couple of forum posts 'under your belt' we are likely going to suggest to hold your project until you know more about LibriVox.

Please remember, though, that coordinating a project is in most cases quite a time commitment. A medium-sized novel takes 6-12 months for a group to complete, and the BC is expected to stick with the project day by day. If you are doubtful that you can make this kind of commitment, we'd prefer that you help out in other ways on LibriVox.
Oh yes, sorry. I guess I could start the project then, and they could read a little bit first to get familiar with recording and uploading etc.
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

Ej400, that would be great if you could set it up!
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
ej400

Post by ej400 »

AbbyJay wrote: August 8th, 2019, 11:58 am Ej400, that would be great if you could set it up!
OK, I'll set it up sometime within the next three or four days and I'll send a link here when it is. Thank you!
CrystalLaws

Post by CrystalLaws »

I joined librivox so I can see how can help the rest of the CM Volumes get recorded! I'm in a CM group reading through the series and we just noticed we're running out of librivox recordings! Anyone still up for doing the rest of Volume 4, Vol. 5, & Vol. 6? I want to help with reading but I'm new so don't know anything about how all this works yet. Anyone willing to start a collaborative project for this? Thanks!