Some Books that Aren't in the Public Domain (and why)

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » May 13th, 2022, 10:48 pm

philchenevert wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:54 pm
EDIT: I'm not a library but is it possible to become an associate of HatiTrust?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Do you mean on a personal basis? I think you'd have to be associated with some university or other similar organization. Or do you mean... Glorious thought! That we could try to get them to recognize LV as an associate organization? That would certainly be worth while, but I wouldn't know how to set about it.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » May 14th, 2022, 9:00 am

mightyfelix wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 10:48 pm
philchenevert wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:54 pm
EDIT: I'm not a library but is it possible to become an associate of HatiTrust?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Do you mean on a personal basis? I think you'd have to be associated with some university or other similar organization. Or do you mean... Glorious thought! That we could try to get them to recognize LV as an associate organization? That would certainly be worth while, but I wouldn't know how to set about it.
I meant on a personal basis, like I just joined Distributed Proofreaders as a lurker. Obviously that is not possible for Hathitrust. Perhaps they might recognize LV as a library of sorts but reading their rules for joining, it is not promising.
You've stowed his ashes commendably", was Tom's well-earned compliment.

Volume a problem? Here's a short video on How I Always Hit 89dB With One Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSKR55RDVpk&list=PLD623ECF357234509&index=46