LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Post Posted:: October 16th, 2017, 5:56 pm 

Un bon petit diable by Sophie Rostopchine Comtesse de Ségur ( - 1874).

Quote:
( )

• Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12993
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

[MW]xxxx[/MW]
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

• Project Code: SXoeSBoE

• Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Sophie Rostopchine Comtesse de Ségur) : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comtesse_de_Ségur

• Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have:
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    • Original publication date (if known):
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Daniel B Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Family

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Un bon petit diable. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Un bon petit diable, by Sophie Rostopchine Comtesse de Ségur. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Un bon petit diable by Sophie Rostopchine Comtesse de Ségur. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Un bon petit diable, by Sophie Rostopchine Comtesse de Ségur. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename bonpetitdiable_##_sophierostopchinecomtessedeségur.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. bonpetitdiable_01_sophierostopchinecomtessedeségur.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Sophie Rostopchine Comtesse de Ségur
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Un bon petit diable

[b]Transfer of files (completed recordings)

Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: yy - yyyyy
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

Post Posted:: October 19th, 2017, 6:01 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Welcome, Daniel!

Please, PLEASE, before embarking on a solo, do two things:

(1) We do STRONGLY encourage a one-minute test (LINK) to check your technical settings. It's not an audition, but to make sure you're exporting at the correct bit rate, have your recording in mono, etc. It would be a shame to record a whole section, only to have to scrap it and redo it because of some simple setting that is incorrect.

(2) Claim, record, and get OK'd at least one section in a group project. This is to make sure you know what you're getting into. Recording a whole book isn't as easy as it seems. It isn't simply sitting down and recording. There's editing to do - and that often can take up to 5 times as long as recording does. In my experience, a ballpark estimate of 95% of brand new readers who start with a solo end up quitting before finishing. Please test the waters first before jumping in. :) Not only that, you're basically alone in a solo: you are the coordinator, and unless you have a very friendly DPL, you won't get much encouragement while doing your solo.

I'm moving this to Book Suggestions until you've done the test, and (I hope) a little in a group project. When you're ready to do the solo, post in the thread, and an admin will move it back to the Launch Pad for you. :)

Post Posted:: December 6th, 2017, 9:24 am 

Bonjour,

je charge le premier chapitre.

Hi,
I am transfering the first chapter.

Post Posted:: December 6th, 2017, 9:38 am 

Je devais choisir le mc yy - yyyyy.

Il n'apparait pas dans le menu déroulant.

Du coup j'ai essayé avec ewza.

Ca a donné une erreur Error Empty file upload result

I had to choose mc yy - yyyyy.

It is not in the drop down menu.

So I tried with MC=ewza.

I got an error Error Empty file upload result

Post Posted:: December 6th, 2017, 2:18 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

You do not have an MC. My post said:

"I'm moving this to Book Suggestions until you've done the test, and (I hope) a little in a group project. When you're ready to do the solo, post in the thread, and an admin will move it back to the Launch Pad for you. :)"

Post Posted:: December 6th, 2017, 6:13 pm 

Hi,

thank you for your answer.
I have made the test thanks.

I do not plan to do anything in a group project.

I have one chapter ready.
I would like to upload it.

Can you give me the MC ?

Bests,
Daniel.

Post Posted:: December 7th, 2017, 2:17 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Bonjour Daniel, bienvenu sur notre forum. :)

il me semble que tu aies mal-compris Tricia. Voici comment procéder le mieux pour préparer ton solo:

1) il serait recommendable de faire le test d'une minute. C'est pour chequer si tous les paramètres techniques sont standard LibriVox. Par exemple, je suis allée voir dans ton premier chapitre, et tu l'as enregistré en Stereo, mais il nous faut des enregistrements en Mono. Voici déjà une première chose à changer.

Donc, mieux vaut faire le petit test d'abord, attendre le feedback, faire d'éventuelles corrections, et si tout est en ordre, alors tu peux commencer à enregistrer des sections plus longues.

Tu dis que tu as fait le test déjà, mais il faut ensuite aussi télécharger le test sur notre site, ouvrir une page dans le forum "Listeners and Editors Wanted" https://forum.librivox.org/viewforum.php?f=21 et poster le lien là dedans, pour que quelqu'un puisse le chequer. Si tu ne nous donnes pas le lien, personne ne pourra trouver ton test dans les milliers de fichiers qu'on a sur nos servers pour l'instant. ;)

2) participer dans un projet de groupe est optionnel, naturellement, mais très recommandé, car celà te donne la possibilité de voir comment "ça marche" chez nous. Si tu commences par un solo immédiatement, tu es ton propre BC (book coordinator) et tu es sensé faire tout toi-même. Ainsi ce serait bien d'avoir un petit peu d'expertise déjà avant.

Aussi, faire de petites sections dans un groupe donne des résultats plus imminents, comparé au long solo. Et il y a plus de collégialité dans des projets de groupe, tandis que dans ton solo tu es pratiquement seul avec ton DPL (prooflistener). Malheureusement, le nombre de nouveaux lecteurs, qui commencent immédiatement avec un Solo et sont frustrés ou perdent l'envie très tôt et abandonnent de nouveau après quelques chapitres, est très haut, et c'est ce qu'on essaie d'éviter à tout prix. :(

Mais, comme j'ai dit, c'est optionnel et à toi de choisir.

3) Après avoir passé le test, et si tu es toujours décidé à commencer par le solo, un admin va transférer ta demande (celle-ci) dans le "New projects" forum et là, il faut attendre qu'un MC (meta-coordinator) adopte ton projet. Et alors tu pourras commencer à télécharger tes chapitres dans le bon fichier.

S'il y a encore des questions, n'hésite pas :)

Sonia