[NON LV] Volunteers:"Declaration of the Occupation of NYC"

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)

Post by ZamesCurran » November 23rd, 2015, 10:29 am

I'd like to create a LibriVox-like project of a collaborative reading of the "Declaration of the Occupation of New York City" -- the official statement put out by Occupy Wall Street. (It was written in 2011, so it can't be an LV recording; actually, as it's published as CC-BY, it probably could be, but that's a discussion for another time.)

I'd like to make it a collaborative reading with a number of readers, each reading a line of the piece. I'm hoping to get a number of distinct voice types (young/old, male/female, a world-wide range of accents, etc)

The full text is available here: http://www.nycga.net/resources/documents/declaration/ It's just 638 words, so about five minutes of reading.

If you'd like to participate, please record the declaration (or just a part of it, if you prefer), using the standard LV recording standards (Channels: 1 (Mono), Bit Rate: 128 kbps, Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit; 87-91dB). Include your name as you want it given (and optionally your location).

Save the file as {yourname}.mp3, and upload to my OneDrive folder:

(You should not need a 1drive account to upload to the folder).

The assembled audiofile will be placed in the public domain. I'm hoping someone will use it as the audio for a video.
"Declaration of the Occupation of New York City" - (non-LV audio project)