COMPLETE: House of the Seven Gables by Nat. Hawthorne - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

This book is now complete and can be downloaded from the LibriVox catalogue: http://librivox.org/house-of-the-seven-gables-by-nathaniel-hawthorne/

The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne

This solo project was started by Nicodemus and is being completed by madera.

(BC admin)
  1. Full title: The House of the Seven Gables
  2. Full name of author(s): Nathaniel Hawthorne
  3. Full name of translator (if applicable, and if available):
  4. Link to PD text source:
    http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext93/7gabl11.txt
  5. Link to author on Wikipedia (if available):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_Hawthorne
  6. Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Seven_Gables
  7. Target completion date (an estimate which can be changed):January 31,2008
  8. Short description (can be a paragraph copied from Wikipedia. If you write this yourself, please be aware that your summary will be in the PD. Please state who wrote the description):
    The House of the Seven Gables is a gloomy New England mansion, haunted from its foundation by fraudulent dealings, accusations of witchcraft, and sudden death. The current resident, the dignified but desperately poor Hepzibah Pyncheon, opens a shop in a side room to support her brother Clifford, who is about to leave prison after serving twenty-five years for murder. She refuses all assistance from her unpleasant wealthy cousin Judge Jaffrey Pyncheon. A distant relative, the pretty young Phoebe, turns up and quickly becomes invaluable, charming customers and rousing Clifford from depression. A delicate romance grows between Phoebe and the mysterious lodger Holgrave, who is writing a history of the Pyncheon family.
    The House of the Seven Gables is set mainly in the mid-19th century, with glimpses into the history of the house, which was built in the late 17th century. The primary interest of this book is in the subtle and involved descriptions of character and motive.

from Wikipedia
  9. Number of sections (files) this project will have: 22 sections inclusive of Authors preface
  10. Does the project have an introduction [y/n]: yes, but it is of no consequence to the published story
  11. Original publication date (if known): 1851
  12. Year of author's death (note: in some countries copyright is author's death + 50 or 70 years): May 19th, 1864
  13. Do you have server space to store your files?: no
  14. If you're a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: no
  15. Example of your file names: houseofsevengables_**_hawthorne.mp3
  16. Example of your ID3 tags: The House of the Seven Gables
    Nathaniel Hawthorne
    Chapter 01
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: [MC initials - MC forum name, e.g. ge - Gesine]
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me.

I am convalescing at home after being in the Hospital for most of October, so I have quite a bit of time on my hands and should complete this way before the estimated completion date, if all is well!
Thanks
Nicodemus
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Hi Nicodemus,

I'll be your MC for this project. Give me a bit to get your Magic Window set up, and we'll get on our way. :D

I'd recommend you use the Librivox Uploader for your files. The info for it is:

http://upload.librivox.org/
username: librivox
password: librivox123

I'll send you a PM with the details on how to edit your Magic Window with the rest of the Chapter titles and your listen links as you get chapters done.
Bloom where you’re planted!
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

Great!!!
I look forward to working with you on this project. I'll be as quick as I can.LOL!
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

No hurry necessary, just enjoy your project. :D
shelagh

Post by shelagh »

I'd be happy to proof listen this book if you like, if you do I'll keep looking to see when chapters are ready.

if you like set me up to be able to update the magic box.

Shelagh
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

Shelagh,
I would be very grateful if you would PL my project. I was going to advertise after I posted my first chapter. Thank you. I'll PM you with the magic box info.
Look for my first chapter within two or three days, after I finish up some of my loose end noise cleans and a chapter for a collaboration.
I'm so excited I could pee myself> :D
Nicodemus
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Actually, Nicodemus,

I can add Shelagh as your Dedicated Proof Listner, so you don't have to PM her the Magic Window info.
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

Oh, OK.
Wow, everything is easier than first expected. :)
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Nicodemus,

Great to see you have 2 sections recorded! :D It may be helpful for shelagh if you also post in the thread with a note saying Chapter 01, ect is uploaded, then she'll likely get an email saying a new message has posted, and she'll know to check to see if you have a new chapter up and ready for proof listening. If you only update the listen link, which is good, too, she won't get the notice of activity in the thread.
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

I haven't uploaded any chapters yet :oops: , I was just playing with getting the individual chapter texts linked to the magic box ready for when I did upload them, which the preface will be uplaoded tomorrow :) .
I was just familiarizing myself with the program and I will link the upload and post the link in the thread as well. :D
Nicodemus
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Oh, okay, no worries. :lol: Play away....and have fun with the process. Sorry I mistook your text links with listen links. :oops:
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

Hello AmethystA and shelagh,
Section 00 is complete and uploaded to the magic window.
Duration 5:50
5.34MB

Nicodemus
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

Section 02(chapter 01) is uploaded and ready to listen to.

I have been having problems with my new laptop and noise removal. But, hopefully I have sorted it all out :D

48.9 MB
53min24sec
Last edited by Nicodemus on December 3rd, 2007, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Nicodemus,

Great to see your progress! :D Shelagh will be here to PL for you....
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

Section 03(chapter 02) is uploaded.

23.9 MB
26min07sec

Nicodemus