DR Scene & Story Collection 5 - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you, Chuck! MW is updated.

And just a reminder for anyone following the thread: This Finer Shadow is edited, and in need to a volunteer to do the final PL. :wink:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Excellent! Added to the MW, and now we have two projects ready for volunteers to do the final PL. :D
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

redrun wrote: May 5th, 2024, 2:37 pm Excellent! Added to the MW, and now we have two projects ready for volunteers to do the final PL. :D
I'd like to PL Hills Like White Elephants if that would be acceptable.
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

BrianFullen wrote: May 5th, 2024, 3:06 pm
redrun wrote: May 5th, 2024, 2:37 pm Excellent! Added to the MW, and now we have two projects ready for volunteers to do the final PL. :D
I'd like to PL Hills Like White Elephants if that would be acceptable.
PL OK. I couldn't wait for an okay to proceed. I really wanted to hear it and I didn't want to wait until the collection is complete. It was fantastic by everyone except "the man". What a heel that guy is! The pacing by the editor is very cool and the narrator kind of 'stole the show wouldn't you say?'

Cheers.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you for the PL, Brian. And you don't need an OK to start PL! We just have folks post to say they're starting, so two don't go at once. :wink:

I dunno about that narrator, I suppose we'll see how it comes out in the wash. :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

redrun wrote: May 5th, 2024, 3:43 pm Thank you for the PL, Brian. And you don't need an OK to start PL! We just have folks post to say they're starting, so two don't go at once. :wink:

I dunno about that narrator, I suppose we'll see how it comes out in the wash. :lol:
I think it could be fun if two or even many more did PL all at once. Especially if they disagreed. Then there could be like a cage match or something to resolve the matter! :shock: Just kidding. Of course I don't really want to witness anything of the sort. :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

For a variety of reasons, I withdraw from the story 1 project, The Woggle-Bug Book as BC and as Narrator. I apologize to any who are inconvenienced.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

BrianFullen wrote: May 8th, 2024, 9:06 am For a variety of reasons, I withdraw from the story 1 project, The Woggle-Bug Book as BC and as Narrator. I apologize to any who are inconvenienced.
Thank you, Brian. I've cleared the Narrator role, and I will not add you as BC for The Woggle-Bug Book after your other DR finishes. The plan was always to confirm then whether you wanted to take this over, so now I just have an answer all the sooner. :thumbs:

I'll see if someone else wants to sign on as Book Coordinator for The Woggle-Bug Book. One volunteer has "first dibs" in my book, but if they don't wish to sign on for all the added work, then I'll put out another general call.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Time for another recap, and update on our wayward Bug. :wink:

Completed:
Blanched Soldier - Inkell
White Elephants - ChuckW
Knight's Move - BrianFullen

Ready for PL:
This Finer Shadow - BrianFullen - Awaiting a volunteer to do the final PL!

Open for claims:
The Brothers - jennlea - Soldier Boy is open
Speckled Band - Bookworm360 - Narrator/Watson is open, and 2 roles are ready for PL

Limbo:
Woggle-Bug Book

The original Book Coordinator for this book seems to have disappeared. If someone wants to adopt it and commit to seeing it through, then we'll keep it going. Otherwise, I'll save the work that's been done so far, and we'll shelve the project for a possible future collection.

We have a volunteer who is willing to do the editing, if someone else will do the PL and coordination. If you are excited to produce this story and have room on your plate for it, then please have a read through the script before posting to sign up as Book Coordinator and Proof Listener!
But if you are not excited to do it, then we can save your commitment for another project. :wink:

Speaking of which, we have at least one opening for more projects within this collection, depending on how long the other stories end up going. 8-)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

redrun wrote: May 9th, 2024, 8:18 am Time for another recap, and update on our wayward Bug. :wink:

Ready for PL:
Could I do the final PL even if I'm one of the readers? If so, I'm willing, and can probably get it done within a week.

Cheers,
Winnifred
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Winnifred wrote: May 9th, 2024, 9:24 am
redrun wrote: May 9th, 2024, 8:18 am Ready for PL:
Could I do the final PL even if I'm one of the readers? If so, I'm willing, and can probably get it done within a week.
Absolutely! We'll have you PL from the original text, as is the usual practice. Helps catch potential errors in the script, among other reasons.
I suppose I don't have that in my monster set of instructions. :hmm: :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

redrun wrote: May 9th, 2024, 9:56 am

Absolutely! We'll have you PL from the original text, as is the usual practice. Helps catch potential errors in the script, among other reasons.
I suppose I don't have that in my monster set of instructions. :hmm: :lol:
You? Monsrous? You don't strike me as a monster! I'd kind of like to hear that. Have you recorded a monster role that you could point me to so that I could hear it? I don't mean monster-great; I mean in the traditional sense. Could you do Grindl or the Minotaur or ... I'd bet a nickel that you possibly could do a convincing monster if you wanted to, that is (I believe in you :twisted: :lol: ), but would you really want to?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Could I offer Chapter 2 from Oliver Twist? It's a book that's been done multiple times, but I just can't have enough of that scene where Oliver asks for more :lol:

* Title and author of the story - if it is from a book, please include the chapter number(s)
Chapter 2 from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
* Link to the Public Domain text that you've used as your source
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/730
* Link to your script
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yu7pMRsyWPIWPl6ablkMICh05pmgPf3sBZju53uEQTc/edit?usp=sharing
* Link to the author on Wikipedia, and death date, if known
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Dickens d.1870
* Link to the title on Wikipedia, if it has its own page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Twist
* Original publication date
* Any special notes for your project
I will parts-PL and edit, so I will need someone to PL the final file
* The list of characters in your DR:
I've included the cues for the intros in the Script, hopefully that will work?
Narrator ~3500 words
Mrs Mann
Mr Bumble
Oliver
Board #1
Board #2
Board #3 (I've incorporated here a line by the Master/cook - because it's just one word)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 9th, 2024, 2:49 pm Could I offer Chapter 2 from Oliver Twist? It's a book that's been done multiple times, but I just can't have enough of that scene where Oliver asks for more :lol:
Does that chapter have ...
I'll do anything
For you dear anything
For you mean everything to me
... in it? That song's the best! :lol: