[SOLO] Tulsa Race Riot by the Oklahoma Commission to Study the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921-mtf

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Thanks Devorah! That makes sense because the title was so ungainly and since the author (the commission to study etc) was part of the title it felt really weird to repeat that in the author slot. I'll fix it in the 2 sections I've recorded and keep that going forward.

Edit - Okay I just changed it in the first post (since that's what I keep going back to for the "script" for intros. Do you think I should change the title in the part that comes after the Librivox info as well (where the narrator repeats the title and adds the author)? Or use the title that is actually on the front page of the report. In which case there's still the issue of the ungainly repetition. I meant to ask if it was okay to drop the author part if I use that title since the author is included in the title and won't sound any different to the listeners...? What do you think?

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ColleenMc wrote: February 6th, 2021, 5:38 am Thanks Devorah! That makes sense because the title was so ungainly and since the author (the commission to study etc) was part of the title it felt really weird to repeat that in the author slot. I'll fix it in the 2 sections I've recorded and keep that going forward.

Edit - Okay I just changed it in the first post (since that's what I keep going back to for the "script" for intros. Do you think I should change the title in the part that comes after the Librivox info as well (where the narrator repeats the title and adds the author)? Or use the title that is actually on the front page of the report. In which case there's still the issue of the ungainly repetition. I meant to ask if it was okay to drop the author part if I use that title since the author is included in the title and won't sound any different to the listeners...? What do you think?

Colleen
Yes, I'd say definitely drop the author. You're right, that's part of what makes it so ungainly. See my suggested format in my previous post.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Sections 1 and 2 are ready for PL.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Great, Colleen! :clap:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hi, Colleen.

Cover letter is PL OK. I'm going to the next one now. :clap:

(I'm just a bit confused about the numbers. Could you please tell me which number I should use to refer to this first section, 0 or 1? It seems to appear as 0 on the MW, but on the post above it is referred to as 1.)

Thank you!
Jasna

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello,

Section 2 (as on the recording), Prologue, is PL OK.

Great reading, Colleen!

Jasna
Jasna

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

THank you! Oops I missed that the numbering was different than what I had set up in my notebook. I will change the intros/outros to reflect the numbering as shown in MW and do it correctly going forward...Thanks for catching it!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

:thumbs:
Jasna

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I updated the intro and outro to the first two files to reflect the same numbering as the MW, and reuploaded with matching file numbers. I marked them for spot checking in case you want to go back and check on them. Hope to have part 3 in next few days.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Great, Colleen, thank you!

Jasna
Jasna

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hi, Colleen.

Everything's ship-shape.

Sections 0-1 are PL OK.

Jasna :clap:
Jasna

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Thank you!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Section 2 is ready for PL. If you would rather wait until all the segments are posted for chapters with multiple parts, and listen to them all together, that's fine too!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

ColleenMc wrote: February 17th, 2021, 8:05 am Section 2 is ready for PL. If you would rather wait until all the segments are posted for chapters with multiple parts, and listen to them all together, that's fine too!

Colleen
Thank you very much, Colleen! :D

Section 2 is PL OK.
Jasna

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Wow you are fast, thanks! Hoping to get at least one more section, maybe two done later this week

Colleen
Colleen McMahon